1/4 cup Chana dal1/4 cup Moong dal1/4 cup Tuvar dal 1/2 Inch Ginger 2 Grated Green chillies1 chopped Onions 1 chopped Tomatoes3 chopped Garlic cloves, minced Salt To taste1 Pinch Turmeric powder2 tbsp Oil 1 tbsp Lemon Juice 3 tbsp Corainder leaves
2 Dry red chillies 2 Broken Cloves 2 Bay leafs1 Pinch Asafoetida
· Soak all the dals for one hour and pressue cook the dals. Keep aside.
· Heat oil in a pan, add the seasonings. Fry until they turn brown.
· Add chopped ginger, garlic, chillies and fry for 4-5 minutes.
· Add onions and tomatoes, salt, turmeric powder and cook until done.
· Mash the dals. Add the dals with 2 cups of water. Simmer the flame and let the dal boil for few minutes.
· Add the lemon juice, corainder leaves and stir well.
· Serve hot with rice and papads.